Out of an abundance of caution due to COVID-19 we will be closing all locations until further notice. For information about due dates, fines, and holds pick ups, see News items below and access simcoemuskokahealth.org for updates on COVID-19.
Simcoe County Museum
The Museum has cancelled programming for March, April due to the increasing concern about the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The health & safety of guests and staff is of utmost importance. Museum will remain open to the general public, crowds will be monitored.
— Simcoe County Museum (@simcoecountyMUS) March 13, 2020
The City of Barrie
- All rental (ice, pool, gym, etc.) permits will be honoured at this time. Organizations/sports governing bodies can decide whether to move forward with cancellations or restrictions. If any choose to cancel, they will be issued a full refund.
- Adult registered programs are running. If individuals wish to withdraw, they will receive a prorated refund and will not be charged the admin fee.
- Registered programs for youth (18 and under) are cancelled.
- Drop-ins/Fitness Centres will remain open to the public and can be used as patrons deem appropriate. Memberships can be cancelled with no admin fees charged.
- Gyms and pools remain open for scheduled permits. Any cancellations will receive a full refund.
This information was originally posted on barrie.ca
“With an abundance of precaution, we are cancelling our upcoming Youth Council Coffeehouse to protect visitors, volunteers and staff. We are currently developing policies and procedures to address the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and will update our website with more information on the measures we are taking. Please note that we are remaining open to the public at the present, and are following recommendations set forth by Government of Ontario and our local public health units. “
“The Barrie Colts have announced that the OHL season has been paused.
The CHL decided today to pause the CHL season due to the COVID-19 virus. As such, all Barrie Colts games are paused until further notice.
Barrie Film Festival
After careful consideration, Georgian College has decided to cancel the 15th annual Pow Wow scheduled for Saturday, March 14 at the Barrie Campus.
Classes continue for now with the campus remaining open, subject to change as needed.
Current Situation – March 12th, 2020
As of 4:00pm Thursday, the Ontario Government has imposed a two week closure of schools following March Break. For BMLA players, we do not have anything scheduled during March break or the week following.
AT THIS TIME, THE SEASON IS PROGRESSING AS SCHEDULED.
IMPORTANT: Any player who is travelling over the course of March break are requested to follow the Public Health Service of Canada recommendations on Returning Travelers: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#f